– I grew up in rural Wisconsin with my Mom, Dad, and younger brother. I started getting interested in comics/manga when I realized that my family’s internet wasn’t good enough to consistently play anime/animated shows, but could load manga/comic pages with much delay.
– I don’t think I ever really had a fictional character as a role model, but Hideo Kojima’s Metal Gear Solid was the first piece of media I remember consciously experiencing. So I think he and that game had a pretty big impact on shaping my taste in media.
– I write about news, events, and issues in all forms of entertainment, with a focus on anime and gaming. When I’m not writing about the weirder side of entertainment, I’m usually talking about it on my podcast, Voluntary Viewing.
– I’d tell newcomers to keep at their passion. Success isn’t a straight line and is vaguely defined anyway. You’re going to have to make compromises, but so long as you’re proud of what you’re making, you’re on the right track.
– I’m always pitching to different outlets, but I’m also producing nearly daily podcasts on Voluntary Viewing and trying to put more time into my blog, BaddaBing BaddaBlog.